March 15, 2017

Winter Are You Still Here?


It seems as though the icy weather hasn't relented. Who would have thought there would be snow in the month of March, I certainly didn't. Normally, I would be unpacking all my spring clothes and transitioning my closet from winter, however these last few weeks haven't allowed me that opportunity. I've been running out of outfit combinations as I'm sure a lot of you can relate to. This is a situation that's never great when one is half asleep while trying to get ready in the morning. Sometimes I've just had to remind myself that the simplest pieces of clothing that I'm comfortable in can make the best outfits. Often, I've found myself over complicating my outfits, but I just have to keep reminding myself that, "Hallways are not runways" and, "Modest is the hottest" always.

Back Denim Jacket
Topshop (link)

This is a classic piece that has resurfaced on multiple occasions in styles and trends. I've always found this jacket reliable, I've been able to throw it on top of almost anything. It's also not too bulky so I can wear a fleece hoodie under or put a long coat over it. One of my favourite qualities about it is the shape, it's loose fitted and I find the purpose of cuffing the sleeves not only just makes my hand visible, but makes it look better too. It just makes it look a little more extra with the tiniest bit of effort.

Black Yoga Pants
Old Navy (link)

The secret behind my makeshift culottes revealed. For the longest time when I was first introduced to culottes I've been on the hunt. It was really difficult to find a pair that fit perfectly and the ones that did were always too expensive. I was cleaning out my closet one day and I found a pair of black, straight cut yoga pants that were loose around the legs and cropped. It hit me suddenly and I had an epiphany. I'm not one for physical activity so I didn't get that much use out of them until that day. I wore them as culottes and loved how comfy and how it looked great paired with a bunch of different tops. the fact that you could roll up the waist band meant they could be high-waist too, so from that day on it has become one of my favourites.

Black Beanie
Old Navy (link)

I've only recently started to wear beanies, but that's not because I didn't like them. I just didn't have one until this winter when my mom said I needed to wear a hat because of all the snow. She went and ordered me one from Old Navy and I've actually found it so useful. When it's snowing outside I don't have to carry an umbrella, I can just wear this and it keeps my head warm and dry. I've gotten even more use out of it now since I've cut my hair shorter. Personally, I think it suits me more with short hair, which also why I got another one in blush during a sale in Forever 21.

Black Leather Backpack
Mango (link)

This bag I got as a gift from my uncle over Christmas and I've gotten so much use out of it. Since I only have small bags and satchels, I've been able to use this one a lot during events or long outings. It has a lot of space which is really convenient, but it's not too big either that I'll be knocking people over when I'm walking around. 

Striped Short-Sleeved Turtleneck
H&M (link)

I mentioned getting this top from the States in a previous haul blog post, but for those of you that didn't get to read it I'll give a quick blurb. I first tried on one of this in grey that caught my eye. I loved the style and its minimalism. I thought it would be good investment pieces, since they were on sale for $3 USD I got the striped one above as well as a plain black one with the grey. These can be worn just tucked into jeans or trousers, and not to mention skirts too. I've also worn a sweater over top of them. For those of you that like the extra layer, I think sweaters look really nice with a turtleneck peeking through.

It's been awhile since I've done an outfit of the day post, with the strange weather I though this would be a good opportunity to share my recent thoughts on fashion. I'm the type of person that switches easily and often from days where I'm loving all my outfits and times where I can't find anything to wear. If any of you have felt the same, I hope you liked reading how I get past that on this post. Check out some of our other write ups on fashion if you're interested in more like this!

Stay gold,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment