July 20, 2016

Cold Summer Outfit


Some of you may be disappointed with the weather this summer and the dilemma of what to wear when it's cloudy, rainy, and the temperature is in the twenties. I have been in that position on many occasions, so this post talks about finding the right balance in your outfit to get through it, in particular finding the perfect jacket for that kind of weather. My perfect jacket is the one shown above. I've received so many compliments about it, I thought I'd share with all of you one of the more dressed up outfits I wear it in.



Beige Canvas Jacket
Old Navy (link)

Sometimes I get a feeling of hope, love, and sometimes dread bundled up into one during my shopping escapades. An example of this occurrence is when I went to Old Navy with my mom and came across the beautiful jacket in the picture above. I saw it in the sale section with different jackets,  and it was the last one of it's kind, but it didn't have a price tag. So I held on to it until we reached the checkout. To my relief and joy it was only around $10. Since then I already can't count on my fingers the number of times I've worn it. Without much effort from the jacket itself, it has earned a stop in my closet as a staple article of clothing. 

Gold Dinosaur Necklace
Forever 21 (link)

I don't have many long necklaces. This one, in fact, is one that I borrow from my sister time and time again. It is simple piece that tied the whole outfit together and dressed it up a bit more. 
Blush T-Shirt
Gap (link)

This shirt was actually my mom's before she gave it to me. I love the blush colour, especially in ths oufit because it kinda takes the outfit away from the whole monochromatic look. Not that I don't like that style. In fact I absolutely adore it, but like my family says to my sister and I, we need to wear more colours.

Black Pencil Skirt

Old Navy (link)

You probably can't tell in the photo, but I actually pulled the skirt up and wore it like a strapless dress. It actually goes past my knees when I wear it normally. However, because I pulled it higher, it shortened the skirt a bit and made it so I didn't have to wear a tank top.

Nude Buckle Sandals
Forever 21 (link)

Perusing the shoe section in Forever 21, my mom came across these shoes and absolutely fell in love with them. However, they only had a size 7 in the store at the time and didn't fit my mom, my sister, and myself properly. For the time we had to say goodbye to the shoes, but a little over a week later to my surprise my mom found them online and had it shipped to us.

Thank you for reading this blog post! I hope you liked the outfit. If you did be sure to check are many other outfit posts and let us know if you want to see more like this.

Stay gold,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment