January 27, 2016

Roamers, Seekers, and Wanderers

Here comes round two. Following-up on last week's post, this second half hones in on the places we stumbled into in between all of the food. 

I've always relied on looking through other people's social media posts to direct me to places I want to visit in the future. I'm hoping this post will be a step-up from a geotag with a little more description and a little less Google maps. 

More often than not, when it comes to going on adventures with some of my favorite humans, it takes forever to get anywhere because of the countless pit-stops and detours that we take here and there. For instance, rather than making a bee-line to Beta 5, we stopped to take pictures in front of the rad wall pictured above. Because Beta 5 is located in an area filled with warehouses, there was no shortage of hued walls. Naturally though, we picked one of the darker colors for the picture considering that we collectively prefer neutrals than brights. 
  Ever since the completion of the redesigned Main Street - Science World station, this stop has been one of my favorites. I love how so much light gets in, and don't even get me started on the view from the top. 
 Another stop we made was at Parliament Interiors in Gastown. As soon as we walked in, there was a massive grin that was plastered on my face. If you or anyone that you know is looking to invest in minimal home decor pieces, this place is no doubt a must-go. As for me, I have long since been a lover of interior design and walking around this place reignited that spark that left me longing for my own loft to decorate.
  One of my favorite corners of the store was the Kermodi Living Art showroom. Anyone that knows me well enough is familiar with my love for cacti and succulents, which is why walking around and seeing a display of low-maintenance plants paired with minimalist design made me so pleased.    The above picture is just a quick snap I took of Wyne + Philip. Both of whom were rocking some stellar shoes. This was at Earnest Ice Cream on Quebec Street, which is my favorite location. I have taken many a picture (1, 2, 3) in and out of that place just because of how much I appreciate the fact that it is located inside a brick building, and that with any luck, my future home will be reminiscent of their interiors.

These last few shots are just of Gastown at night. Undoubtedly one of my top favorite places in the Downtown Vancouver area -- not because of the steam clock, but because of its older buildings, uneven brick streets, and quirky + eccentric establishments. 

Here's hoping you've enjoyed this post and that it has inspired you to take a wander through Gastown. 

Stay gold,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment