October 21, 2015

Playlist #1 | How Am I The Lucky One?


THE TUNES

1 | Greek Tragedy - The Wombats
2 | Days - The Drums
3 | Cigarette Daydreams (Melophobia) - Cage The Elephants
4 | You Make Me Feel Good - Satin Jackets
5 | When I Get Older - Wild Party
6 | Lightshow - Plants and Animals
7 | First - Cold War Kids
8 | How Come You Don't Want Me - Tegan and Sara

THE LINK

You can listen to the full playlist in its entirety over at our 8tracks account. You do not need to make an account or input any of your information in order to listen. Although if you're looking for more avenues to discover music, I'd recommend this site. It's essentially the millennial version of making mixtapes.

THE VIBE

Let me preface this by saying that none of these songs were chosen with release dates in mind. None of these are new releases; they're just songs that I have heard in the past, and have found the desire to listen to as of late. The name of the playlist comes directly from a verse in song #7, and although it is the title, it doesn't necessarily give you an idea of what the songs will sound like. And so, let me attempt to describe to you what I think this playlist sounds like — not in listing off genres, but in the best way I have come to know music — through autobiographical movie montage scenes that play in my head. 

This particular group of tunes are what I imagine would play during a montage of a night out. From the beginnings of dancing around while getting ready, to looking out car windows to watch dancing streetlamps and city lights contrasting the night sky. A giddy feeling comes to the surface at the thought of having one night unburdened by deadlines and responsibilities. Fast forward to being out in town at a pub or a gig in a small venue, with plenty of head nodding, surrounded by good people, and feeling a sense of being on the brink of something infinite. The playlist ends with a more melancholic sound which I tend to associate with the feeling of heading homeward with good memories in your back pocket, and bracing yourself for the inevitable return to reality. 

I hope you enjoy, and I hope you come to love these songs the way that I do!

Stay Gold,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment